Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2019

"Uncle Joe"became our gargon for any relative voted off their family island.

Sometimes during huge family events like weddings and reunions folks need to park out of town relatives somewhere because they don't have room. Oddest relative usually gets the boot to our place.
They called him Uncle Joe thus so do we. "Uncle Joe"became our gargon for every relative voted off their family island. If he is too much for them maybe, he is perfectly entertaining for us.

It was great having Uncle J around all week. The upstate NY accent really added to the mix. I can listen to that all day.
He was more than happy to hang with us. He said we are not the kind of humans he is used to seeing up close.
"I'm gonna miss you kids. I feel younger and hipper just hangin' out wit ya."
His beer looked like ancient artifacts in our fridge. Usually microbrews are the normal fridge fare. I haven't seen a Coors since the 80's. Gonna miss ya Uncle Joe! We sat on the front porch one day just watching a colorful array of portland people walk by.
Olive asks lots of questions. We found out a fun fact. Uncle Joe's birthday is August 15th just like mine! Only he was born in 1970 and I was born in 1969. Yup. I'm actually older than Uncle Joe.
We took some moments to realize we had very different interpretations of being a 50 year old.
I sat in the back jaw jacking with him last night. I was delighted to share some Croptober surprise from our Uncle J (the high end pot farmer)
I forgot my little tolerance trick while puffing with our new friend. I can puff away at a cigar sized doobie and not really be much different. It's just relaxing to me. But Uncle J got FADED after a few puffs and two Coors.
He had plans to hit the town but instead hit the sack.
I was a little bummed. Sorry man.
I don't like doing that to folks.
Those vacations are expensive. Thankfully he was bright eyed and bushytailed the next day. Good times and handshakes all around.
I hope he comes back to Puddletown someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment